Having a clean home means having a comfortable space to return to after work and you’re also ready to entertain any time company stops by. Using green cleaning products to clean your home means fewer harsh chemicals that can harm the environment and your family’s health. If you’re still not convinced to use them, here are seven reasons to think green when cleaning.
- They help the environment. Non-aerosol sprays limit the impact on the ozone layer, while ingredients like vinegar, baking soda, and lemon clean without polluting.
- They use less packaging. Green cleaning products come in packages that have a low carbon footprint. Some use recycled or biodegradable materials, while others use as little packaging as possible and urge consumers to buy jugs to refill spray bottles.
- They don’t emit VOCs. Volatile Organic Compounds, or VOCs, are gases given off by certain household products, such as aerosol sprays, cleaners and disinfectants, and air fresheners. VOCs can cause headaches, dizziness, nausea and even damage to the liver, kidneys, and central nervous system.
- They’re easier on your home and furnishings. Eco-friendly cleaning products don’t contain harsh chemicals, so they’re gentler on fabric and upholstery. Painted surfaces and hardwood floors won’t look worn and faded as quickly, which means more time between painting and refinishing jobs.
- They help improve indoor air quality. Green products leave behind almost no smell, while traditional cleaners add artificial fragrances, which linger in the air. These chemicals can irritate lungs, especially this time of year when doors and windows are kept tightly closed and fresh air is rarely allowed inside.
- They’re safe for your family and pets. Green cleaners work without leaving byproducts or smells that can irritate sensitive skin or lungs. There’s no need to keep kids and pets away from a freshly cleaned area – unless it’s to keep it clean longer!
When you want your home to look its best but you just don’t have the time, contact the professionals at Merry Maids of DuPage West. They provide customized home cleaning services in Naperville, IL using specially formulated products and equipment to make your home look picture-perfect, from top to bottom. Each of their professionals are bonded and insured to provide effective cleaning on a schedule that works best for you.
Costs vary, depending on the size of the home and any additional cleaning services requested by the homeowner. According to HomeAdvisor.com, the national average for housekeeping services is $158.00.