For many years, people have used chemical cleaning solutions and those cleaning products were harming the environment. That`s one of the factors for the high level of pollution. In the past few years, though ‘green cleaning’ has become very popular. But what does green cleaning mean? What are the benefits of using green cleaning products? And where to find these products are only few of the questions that come up. All these questions will be answered here:
• Green cleaning refers to using cleaning solutions and methods that are environmentally friendly. This can be interpreted in more than one way though: some people prefer to use homemade products such as baking soda, vinegar, rubbing alcohol, lemon juice, etc. And there are also people who prefer to buy eco-friendly cleaning products. Nowadays there are many companies that offer green cleaning products and sometimes it is easier to buy than make those solutions at home.
• There are many benefits of using the green cleaning method. The most important one is: you have a healthier home because the chemicals from the cleaning products will no longer be absorbed in your skin, inhaled, etc. Moreover, by going green, you will also help the environment, because the pollution will be reduced considerably. The green products are not only safer for you and the environment, but they can also be less expensive if you don`t buy cleaning products and use the green ones that you already own.
Many people are hesitant to go green, only because they don’t really understand what that means, when in fact this is a simple, easy to understand and safe concept for people and the environment. All you need to know is how and when to use the so-called “green products”. Here is a list of useful “magic” ingredients that will help you clean your home:
• Baking soda (sodium bicarbonate) is good for neutralizing acid and can be used as an odor remover anywhere: in the fridge, on your carpets and even upholstery.
• Lemon juice is a natural deodorant and can be used to remove stains from clothing, aluminum and porcelain.
• Vinegar can be used as a degreaser. It also kills mold and mildew and can remove soap scum. Vinegar is also good for cleaning vinyl or hardwood floors. It is not recommended to be used on marble.
• Rubbing alcohol is a very good disinfectant. Another solution used for disinfecting can be made by mixing ½ cup of borax with one gallon of water.
• Borax is a natural mineral and can be used as a disinfectant and detergent.
• Vegetable oil can be used to polish furniture and when combined with borax as a deep cleaning product for wood.
• White vinegar is good for killing bacteria, mold and viruses.